‘Lean In’ is your own monthly space to reach out to those around you.
We are deliberately leaving space for you to have more time to share your lives and faith with your friends, neighbours and family.
From September 5th 2021 we will meet in-person at Wilcombe Primary School on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th Sunday of each month. On the 4th Sunday of the month we will be doing Lean In.
Our vision and heart for the Sunday where we don’t meet in person is for you to commit to growing friendships with people around you who don’t know Jesus.
Examples of ways you could “Lean in” would be
– Meeting the neighbour for a coffee in the garden
– Meeting a friend or colleague for a walk/ park visit
– Building on relationships which have begun in lockdown
– Spending time praying for a neighbour/family member/friend/colleague
– Visiting someone who we know is feeling lonely or isolated
– Baking/ serving someone who needs it
– Being deliberate about family/ personal discipleship in the home
We’ve already begun to hear some exciting stories as a result of ‘Lean In’ and we look forward to hearing and sharing more.
We long to see God bring his transforming power into our town and neighbourhoods and he’ll only do that through his Church, leaning in, being moved enough to act.
We have this opportunity to take some new steps, to risk a little and to make space for God stories in new and fresh ways.
We’ve encouraged our Vineyard kids to use the Vineyard Neighbourhood heart which can be downloaded here if you dont have it
There is a downloadable grown up version on here too.
Here is an extract from a prayer of Susanna Wesley – mother of Charles, John and Stephen:
‘Help me , Lord to remember that religion is not to be confined to the church or closet, nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in your presence’
We are excited to see and hear God move in these times!